Membership & Benefits
Open Membership Policy AAPHAN is open to all schools of thought and training in Hypnotherapy and NLP.
It is not allied to any particular schools or academic philosophy. It has members in all Australian States.Membership is open to:* Qualified Hypnotherapists & NLP Practitioners
* Students and others who support the aims of the Association.Active groups of members are encouraged to form local chapters of the Association.Emphasis is placed on: * Quality training received
* Proven competence in hypnotic & NLP skills.
* Professional behaviour
* Responsibility and accountability.Benefits of membership* Association with professional peers
* Registered Practitioners can be part of the Association’s yellow pages advertisement and be listed in the Association’s web page.
* Receive a copy of the newsletter.
* Easy access to professional indemnity insurance.
* Eligibility for inclusion on The Australian National Hypnotherapists Register
Members have access to a wide range of first
class videos, Milton Erickson, Richard Bandler
& Robert Dilts, just to mention a few. They may also attend regular meetings where they can network with colleagues. (see below).
Gold Coast – Qld
Meetings are held on the second Saturday of each month in the Nerang City Council Library, Nerang.
Brisbane – Qld
Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month in the Bulimba City Council Library, Brisbane
Members can discuss current issues and practice their skills. Guest speakers are often featured.
*Members are welcome to attend either or both of these meetings.
Members in other towns and cities are encouraged to form local chapters of the Association. Contact the Secretary for info on setting up meetings.
Registered Practitioners are required to satisfy the Registration Board as to their competency, and they must agree to abide by a code of conduct and professional ethics as determined by the Registration Board.
Board of Registration
The Board examines all applicants for membership & registers practitioners.
Certificate of Registration
An annual certificate of registration is issued to all practitioner members who satisfy the requirements of, and are registered by, the board. Thereare currently two types of professional membership:
1) Registered Hypnotherapy and/or NLP Practitioner (Certificated annually)
2) Non practicing Hypnotherapy and/or NLP Practitioner. (NOT Certificated and NOT Registered to practice).
Code of Conduct
As a pre-requisite of membership, our members sign
a Code of Conduct or Ethics designed to protect the public,
and advance the professional image of Hypnotherapy
Registered Hypnotherapy and/or Neuro linguistic Programming
Practitioners are required to acquire 60 points per year in order to
renew their registration.
Points will be allocated by the Board Of Registration or its nominated officer and will be based on actual or nominal hours expended.
– Keep a record in your Education Record booklet (for auditing purpose)
– Send us your 1) Membership Declaration Form (which states you have met the required 60 points) together with 2) Renewal form & payment for the invoice posted to you.